Tuesday, February 19, 2013

I don't know how to save the world...

Forget "Clean Eating," this is all about Clean Blogging. Environmentally friendly blogging for today's not so environmentally friendly generation. Honestly? If you're looking for expert help on How to Save the World one plastic bottle at a time... this is not the place to turn. This blog was created as an assignment for my environmental science class. Every post on here is part of the assignment, and every post on here is a learning experience for me (on both the environment and how to blog).

My name is Kristina, and I am Sociology major with an emphasis in Social and Behavioral Studies. I plan on working for DPSS, specifically with children who have no one else to help them. I spent a good majority of my adult life trying to take my education and career in another direction, but events seemed to always lead me back to Social and Behavioral Studies. It is truly my passion and I cannot wait to start my career.

So whats a Sociology major doing an environmental science class? To learn! I took a similar class in high school with a preconceived notion that Republicans do not care to preserve the environment in the same way that Democrats do. Being a Republican, my dedication to the class was lacking and I did not retain any of the information. Now the older (and the much wiser) me is here to learn about the impact I have already made, and will make, on our earths environment. I am as open-minded as they come and I hope to learn how to make a difference in a way that I can share and pass on.

No comments:

Post a Comment